Charles Massie Junior was born 5 October, 1765 and died 7 April, 1830. He married Nancy Davis on 19 April, 1787. Charles and Nancy made their home on the Spring Valley Plantation and worked with his father to manage the operations of the apple orchards. His brother Thomas sold his share of the plantation to Charles before moving to Kentucky.
Nancy Davis Massie born April 30, 1767 and died July 22, 1854 was the daughter of John Davis, who was brother of Mary Davis the wife of Charles Senior. This makes her the niece of her mother-in-law who is thought also to be buried in the same cemetery although her grave is unmarked (if present).
John Davis gave to his daughter Nancy four slaves and property she had in her possession at his death in 1824. Nancy's mother was Mary Glazebeck.
Charles and Nancy had nine children:
1. Betsy who married James Bailey and had one son, John D. Massie, who left a large family in Saline County, Mississippi.
2. Dr. Hardin Massie whose stone is shown with a caption
3. Sallie who married her first cousin, Nathaniel Hardin Ragland, the son of William Ragland and Mary Davis. She died at Scottsville, Virginia in 1868.
4. Nathaniel who also has a stone and caption herein.
5. Mary (Polly), also shown with caption
6. Nancy Clough, same.
7. Jenny died age 3. Probably in cemetery with unmarked grave.
8. Lucinda died age 4. Probably in cemetery with unmarked grave.
9. Charles Glazebeck Massie, shown with caption.